Monday 8 August 2011

Keri-anne Payne: Swimming Olympian picks Freestyle Interactive to create blog

Freestyle Interactive is the digital agency picked by Olympic Swimmer Keri-anne Payne to create her fantastic new blog

The site went live just prior to Payne taking gold in the 10k open water event at the recent 14th Fina World Swimming Championships in Shanghai.

Built using the Tumblr blogging platform, the blog is designed to be the perfect hub for fans to officially keep up with what Keri-Anne is up to professionally and personally in the run up to London 2012.

Keri-anne is keen to develop “interaction” with her fans and supporters so content will be a mix of information about swimming events & training along with personal updates about trips, birthdays, cake making and more besides.

23 year old Keri-anne was the very first British Olympian to qualify for London 2012, says: “I’m constantly on the move; I use Twitter a lot and it’s great to have so many followers. Sometimes, however, I want to write more than 140 characters and that’s exactly what my new-look site allows me to do. I can update and add new images, text and video quickly and easily on-the-move & by phone if I want to.

" I’ve also added an ‘Ask me anything’ section – it’s a forum which hopefully my fans and supporters will really like – I’m sure they will let me know.”

She added: “I was very pleased to be working with Freestyle on this project. The team are definitely fun to work with but they also understand the swimming world, performance sports and what I wanted to achieve. They created Rebecca Adlington’s site and Suzanne Linton and Alan Cooper who own Freestyle are Master Swimmers themselves and are involved in running swimming clubs for young people.”

No comments:

Post a Comment