QNAP® Systems, Inc. has announced the official UK availability of six additional models to its Turbo NAS range.
• Its first 12-drive 2U rackmount models (TS-EC1279U-RP and TS-1279U-RP)
• Two new 8-Drive rackmount models (TS-EC879U-RP and TS-879U-RP)
• Two new 8 & 10 drive desktop Units (TS-879 Pro and TS-1079 Pro)
The 12-drive TS-EC1279U-RP and TS-1279U-RP 2U rackmount Turbo NAS models provide up to 36TB storage capacity and are powered by a Quad-core Intel® Xeon® CPU and Dual-core Intel® Core™ i3 CPU respectively. Both models feature optional 10GbE networking and can achieve data throughput of over 1,000MB/sec and 100,000 IOPS using 10GbE. The 8-drive TS-EC879U-RP and TS-879U-RP 2U rackmount Turbo NAS models feature the same specifications but provide lower storage capacity of up to 24TB. This range of Turbo NAS products is capable of delivering ultra-high performance suitable for high-end SMB and data centre environments demanding efficient and large capacity storage solutions, and continuous up-time for mission critical applications.
“QNAP’s lineup designed for high-end SMBs delivers stunning performance with an optional 10 GbE card and comprehensive business features, all at competitive prices to fulfill the growing requirement for efficient, value for money, storage solutions for high-end SMBs,” said David Tsao, product manager of QNAP. “Redundant power supplies are provided on all new models to ensure continuous system up-time,” Tsao added. “The TS-EC879U-RP with ECC RAM further enhances system reliability.”
New Desktop Turbo NAS Products
QNAP also announces an expansion of its popular business series desktop Turbo NAS servers with an emphasis on maximum performance. The new TS-879 Pro (8 drive) and TS-1079 Pro (10 Drive), with up to 30TB of online storage, aim to fulfill the storage needs of high-end SMB environments. These models also feature an Intel® Core™ i3 CPU to deliver data throughput of over 1,000MB/sec via 10 GbE networking, ideal for network-wide backups, file sharing in mixed Windows®, Mac®, Linux, and UNIX environments, private cloud storage, server virtualization, and high-performance computing applications such as high definition video editing.
“Today's business environment requires network attached storage solutions that provide efficient data access,” said David Tuhy, General Manager, Intel Data Center Group Storage. “Intel technology powers a broad range of innovative solutions, including the Intel® Core™ i3 processor family for entry level data storage.”
“Network administrators of high-end SMBs can now rejoice,” said Richard Lee, president of QNAP Systems. “For now there is a viable alternative to the overpriced networked storage that has been previously marketed to the high-end SMBs. QNAP’s new TS-879 Pro and TS-1079 Pro deliver uncompromising performance and features at prices sure to make the accountant smile.”
• TS-EC1279U-RP – 12-drive 2U rackmount unit, Quad-core Intel Xeon Processor E3-1225 (3.1 GHz), 4GB DDR3 ECC RAM, redundant power supply, 2X expansion slots for storage expansion and network expansion, 4X Gigabit LAN ports;
• TS-1279U-RP – 12-drive 2U rackmount unit, Dual-core Intel Core i3-2120 Processor (3.3 GHz), 2GB DDR3 RAM, redundant power supply, 2X expansion slots for storage expansion and network expansion, 2X Gigabit LAN ports;
• TS-EC879U-RP – 8-drive 2U rackmount unit, Quad-core Intel Xeon Processor E3-1225 (3.1 GHz), 4GB DDR3 ECC RAM, redundant power supply, 2X expansion slots for storage expansion and network expansion, 4X Gigabit LAN ports;
• TS-879U-RP – 8-drive 2U rackmount unit, Dual-core Intel Core i3-2120 Processor (3.3 GHz), 2GB DDR3 RAM, redundant power supply, 2X expansion slots for storage expansion and network expansion, 2X Gigabit LAN ports.
• TS-1079 Pro – 10-drive desktop unit, Dual-core Intel® Core™ i3-2120 Processor (3.3 GHz), 2GB DDR3 RAM, 1 expansion slot for storage expansion or network expansion, 2 Gigabit LAN ports;
• TS-879 Pro – 8-drive desktop unit, Dual-core Intel® Core™ i3-2120 Processor (3.3 GHz), 2GB DDR3 RAM, 1 expansion slot for storage expansion or network expansion, 2 Gigabit LAN ports.
Following official launch announcements earlier this year, these models are now available in the UK market from popular distributors, resellers, and e-tailers. Learn more about the new models and the rest of the QNAP Turbo NAS lineup at www.qnap.com. UK pricing is available on request via QNAP@powerit2.com.
QNAP Systems, Inc. is a privately held company founded in 2004 and is dedicated to bringing world class NAS storage, professional NVR video surveillance, and network video players to consumer, small/medium business, and entry level enterprise market segments. QNAP leverages not only hardware design but also a growing core competency in software engineering that is precisely focused on bringing to market products that offer the highest available performance coupled with outstanding reliability, scalability, and ease of installation and use. QNAP is a multi-national company with headquarters in Taipei, Taiwan, and subsidiary offices in China and the United States.