Rowanmoor Pensions researched the market and chose a budgeting and forecasting system that best fit its requirements in terms of price and level of functionality.
James Simpson, Financial Administrator from Rowanmoor Pensions, says, “We approached Advanced Business Solutions because we needed a more robust and functionally-rich alternative to our existing systems.”
The new ABS system is being used for budgeting and planning for the current financial year and the next two years. It is also being used for ‘what if?’ scenario planning, providing the company with greater confidence when planning for the future.
“We are now better equipped for forecasting the effect of potential company and market changes such as income fluctuations or altered tax rates”, explains Simpson.
Since moving to ABS’ system, Rowanmoor Pensions has cut the time it takes to budget and forecast, enabling the finance team to spend less time on administration and more time on other added value activities.
Simpson says, “Thanks to ABS’ system, budgeting and forecasting is now more automated and intuitive, saving the finance team two weeks’ of budgeting and forecasting time each year.”
Simpson adds, “Producing balance sheets is quick and easy, delivering a holistic view of the company’s finances at any one time whilst enabling accurate and timely reports.”
• Rowanmoor Pensions provides and administers member-directed pension schemes:
o Small Self-Administered Schemes (SSAS)
o Self-Invested Personal Pensions (SIPP)
o Family Pension Trusts (also known as Family SIPPs).
• Rowanmoor Pensions is the UKs largest independent SSAS and Family Pension Trust practitioner and administers around 4,000 schemes.
• Rowanmoor Pensions was awarded best SSAS provider in the 2008, 2009, 2010 and 2011 Moneyfacts Investment, Life and Pensions Awards.
• Rowanmoor Pensions was awarded best SSAS provider in the 2006, 2007 and 2008 Pensions Management Technology Administration and Service Awards.
• The Rowanmoor Pensions website is www.rowanmoor.co.uk
• Rowanmoor Pensions currently employs over 200 people.
• Rowanmoor Pensions is a trading name of Rowanmoor Group plc (No. 5792242).
• Rowanmoor Personal Pensions Limited, a subsidiary of Rowanmoor Group plc is the scheme Administrator and scheme operator for schemes established under a Rowanmoor Pensions Family Pension Trust and the Rowanmoor Pensions SIPP and is authorised and regulated by the Financial Services Authority (Register number 458260).
Advanced Business Solutions (ABS) provides leading integrated business applications and services that enable public, private and third sector organisations to retain control, improve visibility and gain efficiencies whilst continually improving corporate performance. ABS prides itself on getting close to its customers by understanding their businesses and responding to their evolving needs.
ABS' software systems comprise core accounting/financial management, procurement, human resource and payroll systems, integrated with a range of collaborative, document management and business intelligence solutions to extend the value and effectiveness of the finance, human resource and payroll departments, which can also be delivered as a managed or bureau service option.
Customers come from both public and private sectors and include Companies House, Newcastle City Council, WH Smith, Royal Bank of Scotland, Aer Lingus, National Express Group, DFS, RSPB and Great Ormond Street Hospital for Children NHS Trust.
Advanced Business Solutions is a division of Advanced Computer Software Group plc.