Thursday, 12 January 2012
Siemon Announces Network Infrastructure Blog
Combining Siemon’s extensive data centre and enterprise cabling knowledge with news, opinions and guidance from experts across the global network infrastructure market, http://blog.siemon.com/infrastructure/ elivers educational resources, industry intelligence and actionable advice on a wide range of network infrastructure issues.
By focusing on key issues in the data centre and converged low-voltage enterprise network, http://blog.siemon.com/infrastructure/ leverages the expertise of Siemon subject matter experts from around the world, bringing unique perspectives and ideas that network professionals can use to improve their own infrastructure strategies. This valuable expertise is extended by a growing list of contributors and guest bloggers representing leading organisations from a wide range of network infrastructure segments, including active equipment manufacturers, chip developers, system integrators and more.
Recent Siemon Network Infrastructure posts include:
• Update on new ISO/IEC 40Gb/s Copper Cabling Project - http://blog.siemon.com/infrastructure/isoiec-initiates-40-gb...
• Report: 10GbE to overtake 1GbE by 2014 - http://blog.siemon.com/infrastructure/new-report-10gbe-port-...
• Overview of TIA’s Next Generation Cabling Objectives - http://blog.siemon.com/infrastructure/tia-adopts-next-genera...
Backed by a team of contributors monitoring an extensive list of traditional and social media resources for the latest news, advancements and industry happenings, Siemon’s Network Infrastructure Blog also provides an easy way for professionals to keep up with the rapidly evolving network infrastructure market.
Topic areas covered include:
• Standards activities updates from active standard leaders and contributors
• Data centre design strategies
• Energy consumption and cooling
• Converged low-voltage networking
• Building “Green” infrastructures
• Intelligent automated building infrastructures
• Higher-speed networking: 10, 40 and 100Gb/s
• Infrastructures for cloud, co-location and virtualised data centres
• Network security strategies
To access Siemon’s Network Infrastructure blog, visit: http://blog.siemon.com/infrastructure/
Established in 1903, Siemon is an industry leader specialising in the manufacture and innovation of high quality, high-performance copper and optical fibre network cabling solutions. With offices and partners throughout the world, Siemon offers a global service and has a reputation for delivering market leading performance with systems that maximise efficiency and return on investment.
Siemon’s products include the most comprehensive suite of copper available, in both unshielded and shielded twisted-pair, for category 5e, category 6 (Class E), category 6A (Class EA) and category 7/7A (Class F/FA) standards performance. The company’s optical fibre range includes both multimode and singlemode cabling systems.
Besides cabling systems, the company has developed specific and specialised products for network provision in both enterprise and hosted data centre environments, often partnering with other global industry leaders in delivery of complete solutions for these markets. With over 400 patents specific to structured cabling, Siemon Labs invests heavily in R&D and development of industry standards, underlining the company's long-term commitment to its customers and the industry.